The abstract page is the second page of your APA paper. This abstract page is a summary of the major ideas contained in your research paper, readers often base on this to decide whether to read the whole paper. In writing the abstract, use no more than 120 words.
|Formatting your APA Abstract page:|
|Location:||Place this page after your title page, on a new page. The abstract always falls on page 2.|
|Heading:||Use the same heading like on your title page:|
- 1 inch from the top
- shortened title in uppercase, align left
- page number 2, align right
|Title:||Enter the title “Abstract” (without the quotes) below the heading, centered.|
|Tips:||The abstract should observe the following conventions:|
- Summarize your paper’s most important points
Sample Abstract Page:
APA Sample Paper:
For a full APA sample paper, please visit this page: http://academictips.org/mla-format/sample-apa-paper/
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th Edition.
- Writing the Research Paper, 7th Edition.
Quick Navigation Menu: