Here is how to setup your research paper using the MLA Style. If your instructor has a specific requirement, be sure to obey his or her instructions.
|Paper||– Use white paper, 8 1/2 x 11 inches. If you lack this paper, you can use the closest available size.|
– Print on single side only.
|Margins||– 1 inch for all top, bottom, left, and right. (1 inch = 2.5cm)|
– For page numbers, set at 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) from the top upper-right hand corner, flushed to the right margin.
|Text Formatting||– Font: Times New Roman|
– Size: 12 points
– Do not justify the text
– Double-space the entire research paper
– Leave one space after a period
|Heading||Begin at 1 inch from the top of the page, type:|
– Your name
– Professor name
– Course number
– Due date
All on separate lines then begin your research paper title on a new line and center it (see first page sample below).
|Page Numbers||– Place page number in all pages|
– Place page numbers 1/2 inch from the top-right margin
– Type your last name before the page number: your last name followed by a space then page number.
|Tables and Illustrations||Place tables and illustrations as close as possible to the parts of the text to which they relate. A table is labeled Table, given an arabic numeral and titled. Photograph, map, drawing should be labeled Figure (usually abbreviated Fig.), assign an arabic numeral and give a caption. See samples below.|
Sample Of The First Page:
Here is a sample of the first page. If your instructor requires you to make a cover page, please follow instructions here.
– MLA Handbook, 8th Edition
Thank You great Important information can use.
Thank for sharing!
Thank you so much for give knowledge.
Supa dupa info!
simple and clear
Thanks now my essay on EBOLA will go smoothly.
Thanks for clear concise instructions.
Thank you very much for your educational information.
Thanks for sharing
Thank you for this valuable information