“Those who say it can’t be done are usually interrupted by those doing it.”
When asked what they saw as the greatest time wasters, other people came up with the following:
- Watching television
- Idle waiting time (in queues, at home, etc.)
- Unnecessarily long telephone calls
- Travelling time
- Meetings (clubs, etc.)
- Unexpected visitors
- Inability to say “no”
So how can time be saved and put to better use?
- The first task is to find out where, when and why time is being wasted. Is there a common factor?
- Secondly, try out time-saving ideas such as:
- Selective viewing or listening
- Carrying key-fact note cards for revision in idle moments
- Limiting time spent on the telephone or with visitors
- Saying “NO” and meaning it!
How and what YOU do is up to YOU
No-one else will do it for you
THINK CAREFULLY AND
BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF!
|Main Page:||Back to high school main page|
|Next Tip:||Long term planning and timetabling|