This “question and answer” test may help you spot where you might start to improve your study skills. Just answer YES or NO.
- Do you plan, make a rough copy of, and check your homework or assignment before copying it out neatly?
- Do you voluntarily revise a subject even if exams or tests are not due for some time?
- If you are having problems with a subject, do you talk it over with your teacher as soon as you can?
- Do you do complete your homework or assignment in advance of its deadline?
- Do you have a place at home where you can study without being distracted?
- Do you take notice and act upon the comments and suggestions your teacher might make about your work?
- Do you keep a record of the “language” (terminology) used in each subject, especially if that subject is science?
- Do you use the library, internet or other learning aids regularly to help with your studies?
- Have you always kept your exercise books or folders in good order and up to date?
- Can you easily spot the main points of a topic when reading a text book and make extra notes from them?
- Do you plan your use of time by writing down what you have to do and by when?
- Do you know ways of improving your memory when revising?
- Do you plan ahead for tests or examinations?
- Are you able to forget about schoolwork once you have finished studying?
Read on to find out what your score means…
“YES” TO AT LEAST TEN QUESTIONS:
You are well on your way to becoming an effective learner. Use the rest of this guide to help you spot the weaknesses you may still have.
LESS THAN TEN “YES” ANSWERS?:
No problem – read this guide very carefully, follow the advice, and you, too, can be an effective learner!
|Main Page:||Back to high school main page|
I got 93 percent yipeeeee
Loved this! I am a junior in high school and still have problems with these things. Very helpful
This guide is very useful for me. Thank you so much.
This was pretty helpful.
This site really saved my life thanks guys!!!
This helped me a lot.
Pretty helpful stuff.
Thanks this really helped.
Thanks for the flashbacks.
Well…it does serve sense of justice to mind.
Very helpful tips. Thnx
I like your guidance. I promise to Allah I honestly give my best to study.
I got jealous by reading muskans comment which is true.
Since I was coming always 2nd in class 9, I wanted to race Zaiba. I got confidence so I raced her by getting 5 0 marks more in icse exam yes yes!
Soooooo coooool thanks a lot
Very useful tips. ..
Thanks am putting it on practice
OMG SOOO COOOLLL
It helped me like a lottt
Very helpful got me back on track. (:
This is very helpful for me. Thank you
Your guide is useful. Thank you.